Monday 6 July 2020

Zakir Diary - Thadhiginathom: Part 3


An Illustrious Future
It was my second year in college. I was seated in the classroom of my department head pretending to pay attention while trying to fight off my heavy eyelids made heavier by the generous breakfast I had helped myself to at the hostel earlier. To my department head, I was an unnecessary being whose only purpose on earth was to occupy space. He regarded me with such abhorrence - an abhorrence such men usually reserved only for those who dragged them through the halls of Supreme Court over some unlawful claim. In local lingo, I was to him a 'waste fellow'. I was startled out of my slumber when the secretary of the arts department entered the classroom...

"Zakir, Chitra Visweswaran has agreed to do a dance performance at our college. Do you know of her? What do we need to do to prepare?"
"She is an internationally recognized artiste, Sir. There will be a lot of people coming to see her dance. Our auditorium won't be big enough for the crowds."
"Alright then. Let's build a new auditorium."...

Read more in the site

1 comment:

  1. The whole narration is very interesting...you are always an inspiration anna!! A self made person..a torchbearer for young dancers..Pranams to you!

    ReplyDelete