Tuesday 28 July 2020

Zakir Diary - Thadhiginathom: Part 18

Gather the clouds to soothe the face

Travels are the educators that teach you of life. They are the keys to opening sublime secrets that no others can comprehend. An individual's travels are the continuous gathering of experiences seen through innumerous perspectives. Some travels may bring unwanted and unsavory experiences. When you reminisce over them, they make you wonder if that really did happen. Those who are blessed with the experiences of travelling without their life being anchored in one place, are the romantics who are enamored with this earth. No matter how many angles you can shoot a photograph from, it will never match the excitement of experiencing it in person. The modes of transportation may vary as in by foot, by car, by bus, by train, or by flight. But the experiences do not diminish. I can produce an entire book if I were to gather in writing my experiences of travelling to Europe and North America by myself. Those experiences had so many surprises and twists. Though some of them scared me and others bored me at the time, they still make me long for them today. Some spend the entire journey sleeping or playing on their cell phone. Instead, look intently at those around you. A deep trove of experiences will be awaiting you.

"Zakir, we're going to North India for programs. You do know, don't you?" Chitra akka asked me. I nodded.
"You're coming along this time."

Read more in the site

No comments:

Post a Comment