Wednesday 26 January 2022

Interview - An imaginary interview with Guru Gopinath - Part 7 - Tapati Chowdhurie



Was Krishnamurthy, the Private Secretary of the Maharaja, displeased with you because you showed little interest in the goings on of palace happenings? Did he misconstrue your lack of curiosity in the affairs of the palace?

It is advisable to call it a day, while the going is good. I have always been respectful to Krishnamurthy. I have never tried using dubious means to get things done. Often while going back and forth from Kavadiar Palace to his home in Karamana, Krishnamurthy has seen me standing and talking to somebody or the other in front of the old Nartakalayam building. As a matter of fact I have never paid any attention to people walking in or going out of the palace. I have never ever indulged in talking unnecessarily to anyone coming out of the palace. During the Tirunal festival, when the Maharaja was carried on a palanquin accompanied by the palace employees, I never took part in it.

Read more in the site

Pl provide your name and email id along with your comment

No comments:

Post a Comment