Friday 24 June 2022

Interview - An imaginary interview with Guru Gopinath - Part 12 - Tapati Chowdhurie

Guru Gopinath with Maya Rao


Guruji, please tell us about what happened after your program in Tashkent.

The night after the Tashkent program we were given a grand dinner which lasted till 3am. We had a flight at 4am which unfortunately was delayed to 7am. I covered myself with my overcoat and dozed off in my chair only to be woken up to the sound of Thappu melam (musical instrument) accompanying the dance of two girls arranged to entertain us. Seeing me asleep, the dancers started singing and dancing loudly close to my ears to wake me up. Though I woke up, I sat like Vishwamitra with my eyes closed and hands locked. Even after I sat there for 25 minutes in that position, the two beauties continued dancing in front of me. It was something like the meeting between Vishwamitra and Menaka, where Vishwamitra was attracted to Menaka. Considering my age, the beauty of the dancers and the cold weather, I did not want to miss the opportunity of dancing with them. The airport employees and the people sitting there appreciated our dance and clapped to encourage us. We stopped dancing at 6.30am and called it a day. They said they liked dancing with me and I thanked them for it. At 7am, we wished them good cheer and boarded our flight.


Read more in the site

Negative / objectionable and anonymous comments will be removed. Pl provide your name and email id along with your comment

No comments:

Post a Comment