Thursday 10 February 2022

Interview - An imaginary interview with Guru Gopinath - Part 8 - Tapati Chowdhurie


What made you buy Rs. 5000 worth of Spinning Mills shares from N.J. Nair and how profitable were these?

Firstly, I knew that N.J. Nair was a renowned businessman from Mumbai. I also came to know from the newspapers that shareholders of Tata Company had received a good interest from the Spinning Mills shares. So I expected that I would get good interest money from these shares I had bought. Besides, N.J. Nair had also paid us a good amount of money for the 60th birth anniversary of his mother at Manakkattu. Those days, I was a palace dancer staying at Thiruvananthapuram. These reasons induced me to buy shares from him. After the establishment of Vijayamohini Mill, I received the interest money of Rs. 600 only twice. I did not receive any interest from 1946 to 1984. That was the only financial transaction I made that resulted in a loss.

Read more in the site

Pl provide your name and email id along with your comment

No comments:

Post a Comment