Tuesday 6 July 2021

Article - Dance and detachment - Ramaa Venugopalan

“I just don’t put that much pressure on myself any more, I'm okay with that. I’m okay with not winning Grand Slams,” Kyrgios said. “I’m okay with just enjoying myself, putting on a show. Not everyone can be a (Roger) Federer or (Novak) Djokovic. These are once-in-a-decade athletes that inspire millions of people, they're just gods.”


This guy is something. Maverick and a bit more, but this statement has been spinning in my head for a couple of days now. It's a lot to say on a grand slam tour. As we were discussing this with my 13 year old Suputra, who is training in competitive tennis, I could not help but draw a parallel to the dance world.

Imagine, any top notch dancer ever saying something like this, when they are already on the high ladder. The focus is on enjoying the sport or the art with all the love and joy one can have, and never worry a bit about the returns in terms of top notch performance opportunities or fame.

Read more in the site


Pl provide your name and email id along with your comment

No comments:

Post a Comment