Tuesday 4 July 2023

Book Review - Mudra-The Language of Kutiyattam, Kathakali and Mohiniyattam - Tapati Chowdhurie


(Printing of Mudra is by Ebenezer Print Pack and published by Natanakairali.

Price: Rs.3000)

My salutations to my guru, Guru Gopinath, whose blessings I seek before embarking on expressing my views about the mammoth work of G. Venu, my gurubhai.

MUDRA -THE LANGUAGE OF KUTIYATTAM, KATHAKALI AND MOHINIYATTAM - The Classical Theatre and Dances of Kerala, with notations of 1341 hand gestures is the life time work of G. Venu of Natanakairali (Research and Performing Centre for Traditional Arts, Kerala). This is my humble attempt to present in a nutshell, G.Venu's journey that was instrumental in writing the book Mudra, which will stand the test of time. It is a compendium, which even in the absence of transmission of art through oral tradition and the tradition of Guru-Shishya will survive for eternity.

Read more in the site

Please provide your name / email id along with your comment. Anonymous and derogatory comments will be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment