Monday 13 December 2021


Guru Gopinath was a dancer par excellence. Dance was everything that mattered to him. Money could not lure him to do anything if that came in the way of dance. To fathom why, I asked him the following question.


Why did you decline the offer of acting in films though you were offered a large sum of money?
Performance on a stage is not like performing in a film. It has different ways of acting out situations. I was not capable of that, because I could not sustain the bhava of the character on account of the innumerable takes a film involves. So instead of accepting Rs 36000 for a role in a film, I stood firm and had no qualms in rejecting it in favour of stage performance, where I had the opportunity of sustaining the bhava of the character to be portrayed.

Read more in the site

No comments:

Post a Comment