Thursday 8 August 2013

Article - Beginning of the End - Mayuri Upadhya

Choreographers are people of such imagination and vision. Each creator’s drive, concerns vary from each other and from time to time. Inspired by personal, creative, intuitive, technical input each composition takes shape. I for one aspire to reach a realm where I can create and watch my own ‘unforgettable extraordinary theatrical experience.’ And this target set the backdrop for my next - a surreal masked entity. When you start a new piece of creation, you address several questions looking for fitting answers. In the end, I’m not sure if the questions are answered but it definitely leaves you with the next set of questions to respond.

The piece had larger than life Kathakali inspired fluorescent masks to adorn and dance with. So, the dancers had to absorb two processes: with and without the mask. 


Read the article in the site

No comments:

Post a Comment