Thursday 4 August 2022

Article - Stepping out of the ordinary - Archana Kaul

True consciousness and spiritual growth have a connotation of giving more and expecting less. But I got more than I gave. The pleasure and fulfilment I got through my work, also provided me with a creative outlet. I had no idea how an opportunity to teach dance, incorporating basic techniques of Kathak to girls at an NGO would help these children grow confident and provide a gamut of rich experience to life. Interaction with these children made me step out of the ordinary and humdrum existence.


It was at the turn of the century, 26th of January 2000, that I visited and met the children of the NGO. At that time I did not even know the name of this NGO. I went along at a friend's suggestion, just for the heck of it. I didn't even know what I would be doing there, or if I was needed there. Most of my work experience had been in the field of teaching History to undergraduates in Delhi University, writing reviews on music and dance, and working as a researcher. I had worked in a small school in a Delhi village, as part of an educational experiment. After their disinterested response for studying their academic subjects, I decided to give some input of music and dance, as an icebreaker, having knowledge of Kathak.

Read more in the site

Anonymous derogatory comments will be removed. Please provide your name and email id along with your comment.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for always support and love 💞 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archana rajput kakurajput11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly an inspiration

    ReplyDelete