Wednesday 1 August 2018

Anita says...August 2018

With white rings on wet umber
With moonlit sand I worship
You who thought burnt bodiless
Stroke ardour's ache: save my body.
I char for his sooty resplendence
Send me to him who grasps
The sphere spitting fire -
I'll follow as liquid shadow.
ANDAL's song to Kamadeva, God of Love
From NACHIYAR TIRUMOZHI
8th century CE
Translation by Priya Sarukkai Chabria

I open with a heartfelt round of gratitude to all those young dancers who wished me on Guru Purnima Day. Not being a guru in the traditional sense, I was moved, as I am each year, by the numerous messages and mails that come to me citing my work and words as an inspiration.
Thank you all... and may the light continue to burn within each of you! 

Read more in the site

No comments:

Post a Comment