Friday 17 March 2017

Not just anyBODY: a health and fitness monthly column - LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) lunches: Desi style - Sathya Nagaraj



Hope you have enjoyed the “Go Green Smoothie” and have incorporated it as your main breakfast food. I have become so used to it, that I can’t think of any other breakfast now for the past 8 months. Leaving our idli, dosa, pongal, upma is a big step, but remember this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. As you make the Green Smoothie a habit, you will realize it is an energetic start for the day! If you are comfortable with your change in your breakfast, you are ready for the changes for your lunch.
A bowl of cooked vegetables and a bowl of lean meat for non-vegetarians, or a bowl of cooked vegetables and a bowl of salads for vegetarians is an ideal lunch. I did it for a week or two, but missed my sambar rice, curd rice etc, and this is when I found a recipe on cauliflower rice. It was a treasure, I tried different variations and it suited the lunch menu perfectly.

We are so used to rice, sambar, rasam, curd, veggies, meat etc for regular meals… So, I incorporated that in a slightly different way. My meal will be Cauliflower Vegetable Biriyani or Cauliflower Vegetable Pulao or Cauliflower Bagala Bhath in place of our rice, this helped me most in sticking to my lifestyle change. So, you have a rice, vegs and salad…. It is so filling that you will not be hungry till 6-7pm.


View the recipes for Cauliflower Vegetable Biriyani & Thai Veg Tofu Curry in the site

No comments:

Post a Comment