Friday 10 February 2012

Article - Contemplations of a dancing mind - Radhika Prabhu

Some questions don’t have any answers, and sometimes it so happens that some answers don’t have any questions at all. They do not need questions. They are more like realisations, philosophies, simple truths that life sometimes surprisingly reveals to us.

Such a realization hit me hard, in an unexpected moment, and without my knowledge, has opened the doors to deeper, subtler paths of thinking beyond.
It happened as I was happily, nonchalantly, strolling on my terrace during sunset, trying to imprint myself in the memories of the beautiful twilight. It was a realization so simple that though most of us would know it, it would hardly suffice until it is realized in its entirety.

Being a dancer is a thing of great pride for me; but that evening, as I watched Nature dancing to the rhythms of silence, spellbound, it not only made me embrace my passion closer to my soul but also made me realize that dance could exist without us ‘dancers’; without being captured in the frames of our body.
Movement - is everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. The "subtler paths of thinking beyond" imply not merely observing Nature and getting the inspiration from it. As long as the "thoughts enter and exit" again and again, the artiste remains a slave of her personal imagination. The true inspiration comes from the invisible worlds beyond the material world or personal imaginations. To discover those mystic rhythms, falling asleep while listening to rain drops is not the way.

    ReplyDelete