Wednesday 25 July 2018

The many contra facts and fractals of dance scholarship - Soch: Column by Dr. Arshiya Sethi

This is my first of the monthly column I hope to write for Narthaki for a long time to come. I have titled it ‘Soch’ as each column will have one idea that I will explore, exfoliate and excavate. I debated about calling it some of the more resonant synonyms of soch, like ‘khayal’ and ‘chintan’ because of their more ponderous meaning, but soch is a sufficiently significant starting point for a flight of imagination, light as a bird and ever on wing! 

I would also like to honour the place where Narthaki founder Dr. Anita Ratnam offered me this column - Malta, by locating the perch of the first Soch in this magical Mediterranean island embedded in the embrace of azure waters.  Nestled between southern Italy and northern Africa, Malta’s beautiful shores, baroque architecture, ancient monuments, to say nothing of its mouth-watering cuisine, make it a highly sought after tourist destination.

Read more in the site

No comments:

Post a Comment