Saturday 26 November 2016

Mothers by Daughters & Others - The journey continues - Malavika Sarukkai



When I think of my mother Saroja Kamakshi, I recall with deep fondness her passionate desire to live life creatively. This was her mantra. She was a person unsatisfied with the ordinary, the predictable, the clichéd.  For her, life meant being courageous and taking risks to follow one’s calling. And it is in this  spirit of faith and passion that I took up dance full time and later went on to create over the last 30 years, a large body of work shaped by my thinking.

Read the article in the site

1 comment:

  1. Yudhishtra's Dream, is very fresh in my memory ,I saw it with my mother long back at Kamani, New Delhi The imageries that you created I cannot forget.Thank you !

    ReplyDelete