Monday 5 June 2017

Interview - Success is never final to Sanjukta and failure never fatal - Dr. S.D. Desai


Sanjukta Sinha of Kumudini Lakhia’s Kadamb Centre for Dance and Music in Ahmedabad has been selected for Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar in the Kathak dance category this year by the Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi, in appreciation of her noteworthy work in the form and the promise she holds out. 

I guess on being selected for the 2017 Bismillah Khan award, you had an immediate connect with your guru mentally.  What’s so special about Guru Kumudini Lakhia?
My Guru Kumudini Lakhia is like a blessing to me from god. We share a very special bond and relationship according to guru shishya parampara. She is my guru, my mentor, my inspiration, my strength, my friend and like my family ... She is an epitome of knowledge, wisdom, grace and discipline. She has not only groomed me as a dancer but also as a person. I left my parents and home at a very young age to be with Kumiben and she accepted me as not just a student but like her own child. She is an extremely powerful person and at the same time fun-loving ... I have never seen such an active person at the age of 87. She is unique and special and I see her evolve and grow every day even now, which pushes me to be a hardworking student, a fearless performer and an efficient teacher.

Read the interview in the site

No comments:

Post a Comment