Saturday, 26 November 2016

Mothers by Daughters & Others - The journey continues - Malavika Sarukkai



When I think of my mother Saroja Kamakshi, I recall with deep fondness her passionate desire to live life creatively. This was her mantra. She was a person unsatisfied with the ordinary, the predictable, the clich├ęd.  For her, life meant being courageous and taking risks to follow one’s calling. And it is in this  spirit of faith and passion that I took up dance full time and later went on to create over the last 30 years, a large body of work shaped by my thinking.

Read the article in the site

1 comment:

  1. Yudhishtra's Dream, is very fresh in my memory ,I saw it with my mother long back at Kamani, New Delhi The imageries that you created I cannot forget.Thank you !

    ReplyDelete